Friday 14 September 2012

Today, I lost a friend.

Friday September 14th;

I woke up with a morning nausea so I had to call in sick. I did not know why, but something just felt wrong today. I was still in bed when I decided to surf my Facebook homepage to see what's new, and there it was, the news that flipped my world upside down, one of my recent acquaintances, someone whom I became very close to, passed away.

Another car accident took away someone dear, an older brother, a friend, a role model;
Wajih Ajouz this blog post goes to you my darling.

Writing this was certainly difficult, I didn't know where to start nor how to wrap it up.

You are dear because you had the most beautiful spirit ever.
You are an elder brother because whenever I had someone harassing me for writing about a cause I believed in, you were there to reply making me giggle out of joy when discussing the matter.
You are a friend because talking to you felt so right, so comfortable all the time.
You are a role model because of what you have accomplished being only 25 years old.

Beirut will miss you Wajih, Beirut will miss your judgments, your jokes, and somehow, for some reason, I feel that Beirut owes a lot to you.

My journey started an hour ago as I was trying to pick the right outfit to wear for your goodbye tomorrow.

I don't know how to thank you, Beirut should thank you, you are one of those few who gave alot and never asked back for anything but a smile.

                                          

Luna


No comments:

Post a Comment